Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day at Methodist Specialty Care Center (LaTara T.)


This was the first time in my career doing community service. When I spoke with Ms. Cheryl Reysack, a resident at the MSCC, it set something off in my heart that made me realize how blessed I am to be able to take care of myself. We as people take all we have for granted. For example, we have the ability to walk, run, feed ourselves and whatever other physical abilities. When I saw the residents faces light up during the MADDRAMA, I was thanking God for us being able to make them smile, laugh and enjoy themselves. My true emotions came out when we went and visited the residents individually and passed out goody bags. The smiles and appreciation grabbed hold of my heart and didn’t let go. Though all the residents touched my spirit, the lady with the Tinkerbell décor in her room and her high spirited mood particular remained visible in my day. At the end of the day, I remained thankful because everybody is not as blessed as I am and people at Methodist Specialty Care Center are the inspiration I need to help me recognize my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment